Sunday, August 3, 2008

What a Face! and a Card

Hi Everyone! Jana here! I hope you had a great weekend! Can you believe it's August already! Yikes! Time to get ready for school and sneak in those last-minute camping trips!

For this layout of my niece I wanted to use some bright colors to lighten up the dark photos. The Picnic Basket Kit was perfect! To keep it from getting too bright I mounted everything on a sheet of Kraft cardstock from my stash.

I loved the way the Fancy Pants Glitter Cut flowers added a little sparkle and shine to the layout and decided to carry that to my title by outlining the blue Thickers with the Stickles included in the kit. I know a lot of scrappers like to cover their chipboard with paint or paper, but for whatever reason the rawness really appeals to me! I used the negative shape from the Scenic Route Man/Woman Raw Chipboard to create a card for my husband. The papers, Maya Road Sheer journal block and letter stickers are from the Memory Lane Kit . I also used the Scenic Route camera stamp from the Getaway Kit. The brads are from my stash.
(Inside of Card)

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Ah yeah... this stuff frickin rocks! LOVE!

Noel said...

These are both brilliant but that card...just WOW! :)

Michele Kovack said...

Love both! That adorable face just kills me! Love the card....very clever!

Greta Adams said...

eeekkk!!! girl...that card is FINE!!! love that to pieces!