Tuesday, March 15, 2011

back to reality

This past weekend I went to a scrapbook retreat in northern AL. It was a much needed getaway for me from all the house selling/moving across the country stuff I've been dealing with the past month. I joked that I might have to hide in one of the closets because it was so nice there...

I mean, who would want to leave??? While I was there I made several layouts with the Delightfully Domestic kit. And yes, I do think this very well may be one of my favorite kids. You know, til the next one comes out ;)
This layout was actually inspired by another blogger (you can see the layout here). The sprinkled paint was perfect for the theme of my photos.

Hint: to get bigger droplets of paint simply unscrew the cap & flick the paint on the page.
The only thing I added that wasn't in the kit were the sparkly thickers & the yellow ribbon. Don't you just love those Crate Paper buttons that came in the kit???
When in doubt strips of paper are always a nice accent like on this layout. I also added some of the Crate Paper stickers & twine (blossom). Btw, have you seen the twine in Noel's shop?? Oh my, I had to get nearly every color!
That's it for today. I have more that I'll share next week!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

great layouts Michelle! glad you had fun on your retreat!