Tuesday, March 22, 2011

plowing through the kit

Are you guys having fun playing with the Delightfully Domestic kit?? I know I sure am! I've already created 5 layouts & still have a bunch of goodies left over. I don't know why but it always amazes me at just how many projects you can create with Noel's kits. Considering I've been getting her kits for quite a while now you'd think I'd be used to it! But I'm saving that adorable We R Memory Keepers stitched cardstock with the house on it for when we move in April/May...I'm planning on doing a layout of our new house with that one :)

And speaking of layouts, I'll share a couple more with you guys today. This first one is one of my faves...
I *love* that Noel always includes a shaped paper in her kits :)

Every time I look at that picture it scares me because my daughter looks so much like me...like looking in a mirror!

And those little pocket tags?? Super cute & perfect for jotting down the date or a few notes.

It's also time for a new challenge. This week's 'Domestic Goddess' challenge is about scrapping your routine.
How interesting will it be to look back at this in 5 or 10 yrs and see how different your routine is?? Wouldn't you love to see a layout like this of your grandmother and what her typical routine was?? I know I would.
I used elements of the Truly Scrumptious & Delightfully Domestic kits (sorry, sold out) to complete this layout. I lined up some shipping tags along the bottom, added some patterned paper & journal strips and some haphazard stitching in different spots.

I'm thinking of doing another layout like this after the baby is born. It's hard to remember the day to day activities that go on & a layout like this is perfect for recording all of that!

You can head over here to check out the latest challenge. And don't forget - Jump & Jive just went on sale yesterday. Be sure to grab one before they're gone...the last few kits sold out pretty quick!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

These are so pretty Michelle!!! I love the colors in this kit!! What a great idea to scrap your everyday routine.. because it certainly does change!!! I just got my first kit from Noel and it is PACKED with goodies!!! Grabbed the Bedford Falls (the Christmas kit on sale). It came Saturday!!! Oh, I am in scrappy heaven!!!!!!

Michelle Whitlow said...

Thanks Michelle :) Having one of Noel's kits is definitely a bit of scrappy heaven!!