Friday, August 19, 2011

Banner Day


A dear friend of mine had a baby shower thrown for her this past weekend, and I was asked to make a little banner for the party. I love doing these for baby showers because they double as decor and as something the mama can use either at the hospital when the baby is born, or at home in the nursery.

I whipped this one up using the Salt Water Taffy kit.
I started with triangles cut from white cardstock and covered them in scraps of text paper.
Punches definitely saved the day with this banner and made it a snap to create in no time.
I tried to emboss the butterfly stamp from the kit, BUT I apparently didn't emboss all of the powder (don't laugh at me!) and it started to rub off. Instead of re-doing it (because I'm a dork), I just stamped with black ink on a piece of yellow cardstock and covered it up. I also added some Stickles on top to make it glittery.

Make sure to stop by the message board or the facebook page to see sneak peeks of the new kit "Study Hall" coming out! It's gonna be a cute one! :)

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

this turned out fabulous Virg!!