Monday, April 30, 2012

A Closer Look


This past week the Noel Mignon Design Team had the opportunity to play along with the sketch at Creative Scrappers. I loved the sprinkling of design elements on the sketch and decided to play with that a bit more on my page using the Primrose Lane Kit.  Here is a closer look!


My page is slightly different than the one I submitted to Creative Scrappers . . . I decided to add a bit of spray mist after staring at it a few days. Do you ever do that?! Stare at a page and still feel like it needs "something". This time around, I added the spray and felt happy with it. :)


I used the stamps from the kit to create some page accents. I stamped the clothespin with black ink, cut it out and used it to "clip" my journaling block to the envelope. I also used the circular heart stamp. I stamped it in three different inks on the newsprint patterned paper from the kit. I outlined the heart with a black journaling pen, cut out the open space of the heart and then mounted them to my page using foam adhesive. To call a little more attention to them, I used my paper piercer to "outline" the stamped shapes again by adding a pierced circle around each of them. Finally, I added a sprinkling of sequins from my stash and a gold Making Memories bird cut from an older Noel Mignon kit.

Thanks for stopping in today! See you again soon!


No comments: