Monday, November 19, 2012

A Circle Journal - starring Willow Creek


Good Monday afternoon, everyone!
I'm a bit behind today with my post, so sorry!!
 
I'm here today to share a little project I made using the gorgeous
November Kit:  Willow Creek
(which I think there might be  1 or 2 more
so hurry & get yours while you can!! You'll be so happy you did!)
 
A few friends from the Noel Mignon boards decided to get together
and make a circle journal.
I've seen them all over but have never made one myself.I thought -
ok, this is a challenge & I like challenges...I'm IN!

It was alot of fun putting mine together.
On circle journals, I learned, you can either have a theme or not.
With mine - I decided to go super simple & make it a "get to know each other"
by making inserts about ourselves for everyone to read.

 
this is my cover.
what I did:
1)  I cut 6 (for the 6 of us) file folders using my Silhouette Cameo
and the 3 bracket file folders by Lori Whitlock (LOVE her stuff!) to the sizes
I wanted. My circle album is 8.5 x 11.5 "
 
2)  I used my hole punch to punch 2 holes (for the binder rings)
 


3)  I decided to make my cover simple & only decorate the inside of my
folder, leaving the other folders to the other girls to whatever they wish to do.

the hello is a thought bubble file I also cut using my Silhouette Cameo
and this file is by Loni Stevens (LOVE her stuff too!)
 

I used the entire November kit - plus I did add more kraft cardstock
and buttons by Shelley Hagaman
(A Flair For Buttons which you can getright here at the Noel Mignon store!)
 
and some sequins I picked up at Wal mart in the craft section.
 
4) I cut the 4x6 circle doilie with my Silhouette Cameo and the doilie file by
Loni Stevens.

5) finally - I cut the "happy" with my Silhouette Cameo using the Happy Frame file by
KI Memories.
 
here's some closer shots of my book:


 
 
I hope you've enjoyed today's post!
thanks for checking it out!
have a great Turkey Day week!
 
~Leslie

No comments: