Thursday, September 3, 2015

journey of a mini album with september's daily diary kit.

This month, I fell so in LOVE with the Daily Dairy kit.  I know, they are all fabulous and jam packed with absolute gorgeous product.  When I opened my kit I literally was in awe over every single piece.  So, when I was deciding what to create with this kit I knew I wanted a project to showcase all of the incredible pieces.  So I chose to use this months kit to create a super fun 6x8 mini album! Today I want to share the first few pages with you all.


I created my opening page with some of the gorgeous cards that come with the kit.  The 12x12 Crate Paper has so many fun cut outs and cards.  It really is amazing how much you can get out of one sheet of paper.  I chose 2 cards ('hello' and 'be brave') and then added some fun instax photos, stickers and matted my photos with the gorgeous foiled arrow paper from My Minds Eye. It's such a gorgeous collection!  I love the hot pink word strip stickers from Studio Calico that came with this kit.  They are the best! I am obsessed and want to put them on everything.


Awesome phrases, super fun colour and there are a ton to use!  I also embellished with the super adorable puffy stickers that come with the kit as well. I love them...and actually just want to hoard them! Ha!



This page came together in no time at all.  I love how the kit contents work so beautifully together.  The touches of gold foil, just make my heart happy!


On my next page, I added more photos and then used some of the pattern papers to create my own 3x4 cards.  I love the 6x6 pattern papers that are included in the Daily Diary kits because they are perfect for this reason.  So easy to trim down and add in 3x4 cards where needed.


I even added some layers and machine stitching to one card, and a simple sticker to the other.


This "3" card is actually from the Studio Calico word sticker packaging.  I love it and had to include it in my album with some journaling.  It was too perfect, and who doesn't love to use every little bit of stuff that they can when compiling a mini album?  The super cute 'cherish' Heidi Swapp fabric tab could not be left out so I attached it with my tiny attacher to the top of the card.  Added some journaling and voila! Custom page.


To cover the back of the card I just adhered some gorgeous pattern paper from the kit.


My last page that I am sharing is this really fun grid pocket page.  First, I adore the 2x2 size and it really is such a fabulous addition to my mini.  Not only can I add in a ton of photos, but I can also add in tons of bits of pattern paper to really make it pop.  I love the options here and it is such a great way to also use off cuts and scraps from the kits.


I love all the enamel stickers/dots that were included in this months kit.  They are so fun to add as embellishments and give just the perfect dimension in projects and on pages.



I hope you have enjoyed this first little sneak peek inside look into my mini album using the September Daily Diary kit.  I cannot wait to share more pages with you in the next couple of weeks.  It will be amazing to see just how much one kit can create.  Noel Mignon kits are seriously the best. :)

No comments: