Monday, May 16, 2016

It's All in the Numbers Challenge- "Pure Bliss" Classic Kit

Hi everyone!  It's Meridy here again.  This week our Design Team is taking on a "Numbers" theme in our projects.  Our goal was to use numbers in our layouts.  I'm working with the May 2016 "Pure Bliss" Classic Kit today.  I decided to scrapbook a photo of my kids dressed up in 1950's outfits for a Spirit Day at their school.  I only had one photo of them, so I decided to do a single page layout and enlarge my photo to a 5x7.


I started this layout with the hexagon background paper.  I thought the paper was really pretty---but a bit busy to use as a large background piece.  I remembered I had a Creative Memories hexagon punch and wondered if they were the same size...low and behold, they were!!!  So I pulled scraps from my kit and a few others from my scrap bin to coordinate with the photo and started randomly placing them on the background paper.  I decided to pop the white hexagons up off of the page with pop dots to add a little dimension.  All of the other hexagons are flush with the background paper.


The embellishments on this page are pretty minimal since the background is so dynamic.  A few scraps of paper layered behind the photo, some of that amazing pink shimmer washi from the kit, the gold MME alphabet stickers for my "Spirit" title, and a finishing touch of the faux sequins were all I needed near the journaling block.


And I can't forget my NUMBERS on this layout.  The Thickers in this month's kit were to die for!!!  They were probably my favorite piece in the kit.  So I decided to use them for my NUMBERS to read "1950's".  I used the same embellishments that I used near the journaling block to round out the bottom right corner of the photo and balance out the layout.

This month's kit was full of beautiful pieces, so it's easy to see why it's already sold out.  To ensure that you never miss a kit, you can sign up for a 6 month subscription to Noel Mignon Kit Club.  Subscriptions for July-December of 2016 are open for a couple of more days---so hurry on over and get yourself signed up!

See you next week!!!




No comments: