Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Happy Days: Mermaids

Hi, everyone! Jana Eubank here. This week on the Noel Mignon blog we are all working on a water/pool/beach/etc. theme with the "Splish Splash" challenge. This is perfect for me! Especially, since I've been trying to finish scrapping some photos from a trip to Lake Powell from a few years ago.

MERMAIDS

On this particular trip, grandma gave the grand-girls all a mermaid doll to play with at the lake. They LOVED them and took those mermaid dolls with them everywhere they went. It was so cute to see all the cousins walking around with them ... they even would give them baths in the shower! Ha! Too cute! Here is my page documenting this fun memory with the Happy Days Classic Kit.


I used the Echo Park cloud paper as the background of this page, and then built up a series of patterned paper strips on top to ground my photos and stamped postcard journal block (stamp included with the kit).


My Silhouette Cameo got a great workout on this page ... I created the title, mermaid, seashell, and seaweed all from paper scraps to decorate my page. This cute font (called PN Get Creative) and all of the images are by Lettering Delights.


The Simple Stories chipboard flowers were the perfect size to add to the mermaid's hair and the sequins included with the kit make the perfect bubbles!


The bright green Queen & Company flowers reminded me of something you would find under the sea and worked perfect here in this little cluster.

Thanks for taking a look at my page! I hope you have some fun beach-y things planned to do this summer. See you next time!



No comments: