Tuesday, September 20, 2016

It's a Magical Week with "Buttons and Bows" Classic Kit

Hello, Lynn here with my latest layout using the "Buttons and Bows" Classic Kit. Our challenge this week is "Magical". Simply use "magical" as the inspiration for your project. The first thing that came to mind was Disney. I haven't been to Disney in a seriously LONG time but I went through some photos and came across this gem. I went to an ultrasound conference in 2000 and stayed in a resort hotel within walking distance to Epcot. The conference was half days only so we could have fun as well. Here's my layout.

I decided to use circles for my background to compliment the photo of Epcot. I used a variety of Lawn Fawn's Large and Small Stitched Circle Stackables Dies. I love the detail of stitched edges. The strips of green on the sides of my page are pieces of washi tape included in this month's kit.
Here's a close up of the circles.

I added some vellum stars scattered across the layout - I used vellum so the stars would be subtle and not take away from the photo or the bright circles.
Thanks for stopping by today. Give our challenge a try - I'm sure you'll create something magical!!

No comments: