Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tag, You're It! "Buttons and Bows" Classic Kit

Hello and Happy Tuesday!! Lynn back today with a very different project using this month's "Buttons and Bows" Classic Kit.  The design team's challenge this week is to use buttons, bows or stitches on our projects. I wanted to use tags on my page so I could place buttons on the tops of the tags. I initially wanted to create an 8.5 x 11 layout. I love this design and I enjoy adding different pages sizes to my albums. Then I went a different route. I used Ranger's Giant Manilla Tag #12 size as a template for my background. These tags are HUGE! The giant tag size is 5 1/8" x 10 1/2". The smaller tags I used on the background are #5 size which are 2 3/8 x 4 3/4. I used the kraft cardstock included in the classic kit this month as the base for my project. I painted gesso on a background stamp to give the plain kraft cardstock some design. I then placed three size #5 tags on the large tag. Here's my project:
The large gold glitter bow is from our kit this month. The bow pieces from Fancy Pants are precut and so easily put together.
The flowers and leaves from Prima are so pretty and coordinate nicely with the Pink Paislee papers.
The buttons I used are from my Gram's stash. She was a professional seamstress and I was very lucky that she handed them down to me.
So what do you do with this giant tag? Well I displayed it in this decorative floral pin frog. You could also place it on an easel and it will fit in a 6 x 12 page protector so you can put it in your scrapbook album.
I hope you liked this tag page and I will return next week with another project using "Buttons and Bows" Classic Kit!! Have a great week!!!!!

No comments: