Monday, April 2, 2018

{Chalk Art Fest} with the "Vintage Spring" Kits

Hello all, it's Meridy here and today I am working with pieces from both "Vintage Spring" Kits, the Classic Kit and the Daily Diary Kit.  I also mixed in a few pieces from last month's "You Go, Girl" Classic Kit. 

I started with a single picture from a chalk art festival, and I wanted to incorporate many of the colors from the kits, so I decided to just use simple strips of paper, ribbon, and washi.



I decided my layout needed a little more texture and detail, so I decided to machine stitch in between the strips of paper.  Some of my stitches are straight, regular stitching, some are zig zags in various widths.  I decided to use various colors of thread to add more color to the layout.


Next, I added a few small embellishment clusters.  I added one on each side of the photo to draw a little more attention to it, and another cluster around the title and journaling.


For my title, I used Thickers from last month's kit along with the black letter stickers from the Vintage Spring kit.  I sprinkled in some chipboard stickers, a star epoxy embellishment, a phrase sticker, and trimmed a journaling card down quite a bit since I didn't need a whole 3x4 space to journal.


That wraps up my layout for today, I really love all of the colors and the stitching.  This was a great way to use up some scraps. 

Have a great week!







2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is amazing! LOVING all the colors and textures!!!!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my - this is too cute for words - LOVE IT:)