Monday, April 30, 2018

{Wander} Layout with the "Enjoy the Journey" Classic Kit

Good morning, it's Meridy with you today, sharing my first layout using the May "Enjoy the Journey" Classic Kit.  There are so many great pieces in this month's kit, lots of colors to work with, and fun embellishments.  I decided to go somewhat monochromatic with this layout, using wood grains, black, white, and blue. 


I used the "B" side of one of the Jillibean Soup papers to mat my whole layout.  Next, the wood grain paper in this kit was to die for, so I wanted it to be the background of this layout.  Then I added layers, starting with the vellum paper, my photos, and lots of embellishments.


I mixed a few pieces from my stash in with the embellishments from this month's kit to create this embellishment cluster.  I started with a wooden frame to frame the "tourist" ephemera, then I layered that up with the blue polka dot heart, the palm tree rub ons, and black enamel heart from the kit.


I really liked mixing up embellishments, phrases, and stamping to make this cluster.  Everything seemed to nestle right together along side of my photo.  Finally, I added a strip of the woodgrain paper down the left side of the layout, I added a little color to it with the mini pom pom trim I had in my stash.  I added my journaling to the framed area on the lower right of the layout, and with that the layout was complete.


Thank you for stopping by today!!!





1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is fabulous! LOVING the wood grain background!