Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bandaids and Lollipops


My youngest daughter absolutely hates going to the doctor. Poor thing will hold on to me for dear life as we walk into the backroom. One such visit, we passed by the lollipop basket at the nurses’ station and I let her pick one out. Once she started sucking on the lollipop, she was back to being her happy little self and even let the doctor do his check up and give her shots without any problems. We had one such visit a week ago and I happened to take a few quick pictures with my phone. It was definitely a moment I wanted to document.


You are probably wondering what to do with those 2 cute umbrellas you received in your Sun Kissed kit. Well be stumped no more! I used it to create my lollipop embellishment. It was the perfect size and color for my layout. All I did was carefully remove the umbrella “stem,” flatten it out, and attach it to my layout with a few glue dots. The “stem” then became my lollipop. Neat huh? You could also make a cute flower with your little umbrella. What other neat uses can you discover with the umbrella? If you come up with any ideas, place it in the comments section. I’d love to hear about them!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Diana

4 comments:

Theresa said...

this is a fabulous layout. I love what you did with the umbrella. very fun. =)

Noel said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!! Everything about this makes me happy!!

Amber Zimmerman said...

What an adorable lo! Love all of the bright colors, the mist and the lolly! :)

Jana Eubank said...

CUTE lollipop!!! I love the way you slightly tilted everything. You ROCK the white space, girl!