Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Intro: Meet Michele


Hello! Let me introduce myself.....my name is Michele Kovack and I am thrilled to be staying on the Noel Mignon DT! I have been a DT member since 2008. I have been fortunate enough to work with Noel's fabulous kits and be a part of this talented team! I am currently a 5th grade teacher and have been teaching for 14 years! I am married to my high school sweetheart and we just celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary this past Saturday. I also have two beautiful children, Cortney and Kyle......both teenagers. Oh the joys of raising teens! I can't forget to mention my little fur baby, Skippers. He is a Bischon/Poodle mix and we adopted him from the shelter 2 years ago.

What made you start scrapbooking?

I started scrapbooking about 15 years ago after the birth of my daughter, Cortney. It literally became my saviour, my therapy. See, my sweet Cortney has severe mental and physical impairment and scrapbooking became a creative outlet to vent my feelings....my emotions. As the years went on, and acceptance set in, I scrapbooked all of her milestones and focused on the things she could do! After my son, Kyle was born 13 years ago, I was immersed in this hobby completely! It was a joy to scrap all his silliness, adventures, and milestones!
What is Your Style of Scrapbooking?
I have to admit that it took me a long time to find a style that I was comfortable with. In the beginning, I copied many other's work.....and might I add.....not always well! I played around a lot until I stumbled across vintage, shabby Chic. It became comfortable and definitely my style!

What are some of your favorite products?
Vintage......obviously! : ) I love ribbon, lace, old book paper, tissue paper, my scalloped punch, flowers, and any type of butterflies! I LOVE butterflies!

The page I have posted here, today, is created from Noel's Lemonade Stand Kit! I did create the butterflies with tissue paper and Glimmer Mist from my stash! Don't forget to order Noel's new kit, Sun-Kissed! Super cute summery kit!!!
Thanks so much for visiting today!!!

No comments: