Thursday, August 16, 2012

Jewelry Time....Wait! What??


Happy Thursday again everyone!!
Hope y'all are having a fabulous week :)

I'm dropping in today to share how I love to use Noel's kits for more than just documenting my family's history in a fun, creative way.

I love to make jewelry with all the fun embellishments that come in the kit. 

When I first received August's West Coast Kit one of the first things that popped out to me was the My Minds Eye Miss Caroline decorative brads.  I ooooh'd and ahhhh'd over all the lil designs and I couldn't wait to create something with them but knew that I wanted to use them for more than just a layout that I wouldn't see on a regular basis.

So I decided to make a bracelet with them.


The only thing you need are the brads, a bracelet blank (which you can pick up at any craft store or online), some E6000, and pliers (not pictured above).

The first thing I did after taking the brads out of the packaging was to remove the metal fastener part. 


It's a lil blurry in this picture but all you need to do is hold the fastener part with the pliers and just wiggle it back and forth and they will pop right off.  there is no need to cut them at all.

After getting all the fasteners removed, I decided where I wanted each brad to go and laid that out so I had an idea before I glued them down.




Prior to adhering the brads with the E6000, I gave the blanks on the bracelet a lil sanding to make sure that the glue sticks really well.



After the blanks were sanded, I glued them all down and voila!!


A pretty lil bracelet that I can wear with absolutely anything!

I def plan to do more jewelry posts in the near future!

xo


3 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

What a fabulous idea! I have more brads than I could ever use, and your bracelet is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

gssfam said...

OH MY! THIS IS FANTASTIC! THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING!

Keianna said...

Such a creative idea.