Thursday, August 2, 2012

Silly Girls


Happy Thursday again!  I hope everyone is having a fabulous week and I'm betting that everyone is beginning to get their hands on the beautiful West Coast Kit

I have to say, I've been creating with Noel's Kits for a long time and I'm going to put it out there that I think that this is my favorite kit to date.  I love all the pretty colors, that woodgrain chevron (who's with me here?), the lovely embellies, and well just the whole darn kit.

So needless to say, I couldn't wait to dive in and start playing with it. 

One of the first pieces of patterned paper I was drawn to was Echo Park's-Large Hexagon...but the back side.  With all the pink stars.  I knew that I would be the first piece that I'd use.

I also knew that doily would make an appearance and the lil clothes pin.

So here ya go, my first (of many) creations with West Coast:


I like to keep things a lil simple on my pages with a few "pop" factors.  I added some gesso (from my stash) with a sponge just to create some texture. I knew that I also wanted to make a few of the elements rise off the page.  I did this with the speech bubble using Pink Paislee's Indigo Bleu line by placing foam adhesive to the back and then just "adhering" one of the photos of Bella and myself with the clothes pin.


I'm thinking this lo will find itself in a vintage wooden pant hanger soon hanging in Bella's room :)

Happy creating!!


2 comments:

Patricia Roebuck said...

Just beautiful!

Diane Payne said...

Love the splatters and the fun feeling of this layout!