Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lift a Message Board Member week!

We are doing something fun over here on the blog all week long...lifting some of our friends from the message board!  For my lift I chose this beautiful LO from Missy Gener.  You can see all of her work over on her blog.   Be sure to check in all week long to see who is lifting who...it might be you! :)


And here is my lift.  I used a mix of some older papers with the West Coast kit goodies.  I knew I wanted to play off the colors in his clothes/hat, but they were so "busy" that I didn't want to match them exactly, so I went with the complimentary red and used the lighter blue that was in that pattern paper.  The logo on his shirt was yellow, so I knew I wanted to add touches of that, and then my only other color I threw in were a few touches of grey to try and tone it down a bit.


 A close up of my title.  I used some older thickers from my stash and these alphas from Cosmo Cricket.  I grabbed a roll of washi tape (from Virginia's class) and the brads from West Coast and that super cute flair button from BG which had all the colors I was working with.


I finished up my LO with some of the stickers off the small sheet of BG that was in the kit, and then a few brads from the super fun pack from MME.  I also have the Echo Park Everyday Eclectic sticker and the Pebbles yellow flower up on my left corner.


This week will be a fun one around here...I hope you enjoy the lifts, and if you aren't a MB member already, please come over and join us, we would love to meet you!