Monday, January 21, 2013

I Call You....


Good morning!
Today I'm dropping by with a layout using the delicious (play on words)
January - Soda Shoppe kit:



Lilly (Pulitzer) is the most photogenic puppy we've ever had. She's so full of personality
it's unreal. She's always a ham for any camera, especially our iPhones.

Sometimes when I sweet talk to her - I call her little "lilly vanilli" -
which to some of you would probably make NO sense other than it rhymes...
but it's a play on the old 80's band - Milli Vanilli. LOL!
We're just lucky her name happened to rhyme. 


I wanted her real name to stand out so I used the American Crafts Thickers that
are in the kit for her name. I added "vanilli" using Studio Calico's letter stickers
stacked - with a cute little Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic flower to the side.


In this kit, Noel included super cute little chevron paper bags.
They were PERFECT to hold my journaling on each side of my photo's.
I cut the Elle's  Studio 5x7 card that came in my kit in half 
& journaled on each side, tucking into my sacks. I really like how that turned out.


I had some leftover heart thought bubbles from an earlier project that I 
decided to back in the dark (black) woodgrain paper to stand out. 
I made it 3D and added "I call you" to the top.

I also cut out an Elle's Studio flag and added it to my straw 
photo corners I created. The straws were a FUN addition to the kit this month!
There's so many ways you can use them. As a border, stems to flowers, make cute little
lollipops, embellish with them, use as a letter or cut for a word - 
here I used them as photo corners, framing my 2 Instagrammed photo's of 
our Lilly Vanilli...


The MME Dots are addicting, fun and just cute as all get out.
I thought they looked like pieces of candy added here to Lilly's page.


I also decided to use packaging from Glitz Design's Glitzers pack - 
I cut the "hello friend" from there and placed just above our Lilly girl.


and finally - here's a glimpse at my journaling that's tucked into my little bags.
SO cute! 

Thanks for stopping by today - I hope you've enjoyed this post!
Have a great day!
~Leslie

3 comments:

Jen said...

Super cute Leslie!! I love how you used the straws!

Patricia Roebuck said...

You have the prettiest handwriting ever AND the cutest little Lilly Vanilli! I love that name!!!

This is just so adorable!! I'm addicted to those MME dots too!!

Melanie said...

This is SO cute and fun! I love the neutral background with the pops of color :)