Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Little Hanging Hearts

Hello everyone!!!  If you haven't heard, this week the design team is showcasing banners on projects.  I  saw this image that Diane had pinned in our Inspiration Mondays Board.

Photobucket
Source

I was inspired to create some heart banners myself on my own layout, featuring the Noel Mignon Soda Shoppe kit . . .

Photobucket

When I saw the heart banners on our Pinterest board, I thought "How neat would it be if they were hanging across a little opening on my layout??".  I got to work and cut out 3 holes on my white cardstock.  I backed the cardstock with kraft & then stitched around the openings.  To create the banners, I simple die-cut some hearts with my Silhouette & then sewed them together :)

Photobucket

I found a funky "love" title in the Silhouette library & cut it using one of the patterned papers from the kit.  Then I did a bit of doodling & added one of those adorable Dear Lizzy wooden buttons . . .

Photobucket

Ready to create some banners of your own??  If you haven't yet, be sure to head over to our Inspiration Mondays board to get your creative juices flowing :)

1 comment:

Patricia Roebuck said...

Such a cool idea!!! I love the hearts banner across the little windows!