Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January Sketch Challenge!!!!

Guess what . . . it is the middle of the month & we are BACK - with a brand new sketch challenge!!!  This month's sketch is a single photo layout full of layering so break out those patterned papers!!!

Photobucket

I took out my Soda Shoppe kit & got to work!!  As I searched through the patterned papers, I found the cool color palette to remind me of the beach, summertime, and swimming so I ended up pulling out this photo I have been wanting to scrap . . .

Photobucket

I LOVE title work - just mixing and matching fonts - having fun with it!!  The stickers were from the kit & I used my Silhouette to cut the "struggle".  Backed with some patterned paper from the kit & embellished with a few heart stickers from my stash, the die-cut word really "popped".  I did lots of machine stitching around the border & along some of the patterned papers.  I also broke out my vintage typewriter (Christmas present from my hubby) for the journaling.  I just LOVE the look of that vintage script :)

Photobucket

See the stamped date???  I did this with the AWESOME date stamp in the kit!!!

Photobucket

Are you ready to play along???  I'm looking for LOTS of participation this month everyone :)  Grab your supplies & get creating :)  Your entry to this challenge is due February 1st.  The sketch thread will be up later this afternoon in the forum.  Once you have completed your entry, be sure to post your entry under the January Sketch Challenge thread.  One lucky participant will be randomly selected to receive a $10 gift certificate to the store - AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see what you all come up with - have a FABULOUS Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh this is fabulous! I love the sketch and the layout! That journaling is so touching, just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Great sketch!