Friday, November 14, 2014

Easy and simple Thanksgiving Decor!

Have y'all been loving the "out of the box" decor items that the design team has been sharing this week? I know I have! I absolutely love brightening up my home with the papers and scrappy products that I enjoy using. 

I know as a busy mom, it's sometimes daunting or overwhelming to think about adding seasonal decor- trying to find the time, supplies, creativity... it all can get too much! I have something VERY simple and yet so charming that I think any woman out there could make quickly to add a personalized touch to their fall decor! 




I made this adorable jars by using some of my favorite papers from the Maple Creek kit. To make the letters, I used my Silhouette machine, but you could truly just use a letter sticker or handcut out the letters in a short amount of time. I thought about decorating each jar with embellishments and extra layers, but to be honest, once I wrapped the papers around the jars, I loved the simplicity of the look that I left them this way. Just a bit of adhesive on the back and some twine wrapped around from my stash completed the look.


I love how they look with the candlelight glowing through them. The bonus to wrapping double sided pattered paper around the jars is that the other side of the paper shows in the inside of the jar, glowing beautifully when the candle is lit.


I hope this gives you a simple idea to brighten up your decor in a few minutes! 



1 comment:

VintageScrapsCanada said...

oh my goodness -
that is so nice
i love the window, bunting and jar elements

all of my favorite things!