Saturday, November 12, 2016

Fall Love | All Fall Classic Kit

Hello friends! Laura here. sharing a new project today!  I had some fun with our weekly DT challenge, which was to feature stitching or a patchwork on our pages!  I am creating with the gorgeous November "All Fall" kit, here is a little peek at it for you.


You can read all about the contents of this kit and order it here.


I began my page by adding loads and loads of mist droplets to my background in a variety of colours to mimic the fallen leaves in my photo. Then I created some simple layers with "patches" of papers which I stitched around prior to adhering to my page, primarily because I was saving time and continuing on with my layout while waiting for the Gesso to dry on my cardstock.


I wanted to use this sweet acrylic piece as part of my title and love the way it looks adhered right to my photo.  When I cropped my photo I left space next to my son just for this reason.


I used a combination of chipboard, rub-ons and brads to create a small cluster to the left of my photo. I love the way that the floral chipboard pulls so many of the colours from my picture.


I basically repeated this embellishment recipe in two other areas of my layout...


...giving me my visual triangle around my focal area.


I finished up my page with gold color shine and my journalling.

I have created another process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List: Carta Bella patterned paper "all forest" and "family gathering"; Pebbles patterned paper "autumn day" and "pumpkin patch"; Pretty Little Studios Oakley Avenue (by Ashley Horton) golden ABC alphas, Fall Leaves acrylic shapes, and vellum stickers; Jen Hadfield rub ons; Simple Stories Hello Fall chipboard pieces and die cuts; Echo Park "I love family" brads; May Arts ribbon. (from my stash: American Crafts white card stock; Sargent white Gesso; Heidi Swapp gold colour shine; Mr. Hue's mist in water cooler and evergreen; Glimmrmist in harvest orange, brick and pinecone;  Leows water colour paints.)

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: