Saturday, November 5, 2016

Happy Fall | Falloween Classic Kit

Hello there! It's Laura here today sharing a layout with you! This week the DT members are challenged with a "3-1" theme. You know "31", as in the date of Halloween but we using the number as a jumping off point, to create with 3 of one type of item and 1 of another on our projects.


As you can see I am using 3 flowers and 1 photo on my layout. I started my page by die cutting pumpkins in a grid pattern from this fab wood-grained paper.  Then I layered strips cut in a variety of widths from patterned papers behind it.  Once that was done I added the stitching.

After layering my photo onto the page, it felt very busy and the patterns seemed to be competing with my picture, so I muted the colours of the patterns by rubbing a bit of white gesso over them.  The verdict is still out on whether I like it more now, but I don't dislike it so I am calling it a win!


I pulled in some fun Echo Park chipboard to create my title, I am so loving these warm colours!


I love these felt flowers from the kit, and created them so they would be slightly open so that I could nestle these wood buttons into them.  You could however roll them tightly as well.


As a final step I sprinkled on some brown Mr. Huey's mist from my stash.

I am trying to create a process video for each of my Noel Mignon DT assignments, you can watch the video for this layout below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List:  Carta Bella patterned papers "haunted words" and "falling leaves"; Bella Blvd patterned paper " pumpkin day"; Pebbles patterned papers " fall flowers" and "apple cider"; Echo Park patterned papers "thankful owls";   Echo Park Fall is in the Air chipboard and washi; American Crafts cardstock, leaf doily, Halloween wood buttons and flair; May Arts ribbon; Pebbles wood accents; Queen & Co. felt flowers; Bella blvd clip. (from my stash: DMC floss, Sargent white gesso; misc buttons; Hemptique twine; brown Mr. Huey's).

Thanks so much for visiting today, be sure to stop back daily for loads of DT inspiration!
Laura
xo

No comments: