Thursday, February 16, 2017

Hanging out with the Aliens


Hi, there!

It's Becky with you again today to share another project that I created with this month's Daily Diary kit, Happy Together. 

This kit is so beautiful and while it's so great for Valentine's and love-themed projects it is great for the everyday. That's one of the things that I love most about Noel's kits. 

For this page I have used lots of hearts but the page is about Roswell, New Mexico ♥

We were traveling through Roswell on our way to a gymnastics meet in Ruidoso and, as always, had to stop and find some fun photo-taking opportunities. 

As we were driving around town we spotted this really cool mural with a bunch of aliens on the back of a print shop and HAD to stop to take some pictures. And, as is also common for our photos, a couple of my girls had to be upside-down.

I thought that the pinks, greens and blues from the photos went perfectly with the Pretty Little Studio items in the kit. 

Here's a look at my page:


As you can see, I've used some of the 2x3 cards and little labels for design elements on my page. Typically I would write on the labels but decided to keep them blank for this page. I cut out the cute little camera from one of the cards in the kit and added the hearts with foam adhesive. 


The little rubber hearts were one of my favorite parts of the kit! As you can see, I outlined the "snapshot" with a black Sharpie pen to help those words to stand out more on my page.


I used a mix of fun tags and stickers to bring a lot of color to the page, tucking some under pictures and overlapping others right over the top. 


I hope you're having a great week so far. Stay tuned tomorrow for more ideas on how to use this month's kit. 



No comments: