Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Valentine's Cards with the Happy Together Daily Dairy Kit

Hello!  Nicole here to share my Valentine's cards using the Happy Together Daily Dairy Kit.  This kit is perfect for card makers.  The 6x6 papers are the perfect scale and all the embellishments mix and match so easily together.  



I made three cards.  The first one I plan on giving to my husband.  I love the sentiments on the speech bubbles on the 6x6 pattern paper and I carefully cut these out.  To give the edges of the speech bubbles some contrast I added red and pink chalk ink.  I staggered these along the edges of one of the 4x6 cards from the kit.  


I used foam adhesive to stagger the height.  Once adhered I placed a few hearts cut from pattern paper and placed two of the puffy hearts on the bottom.  I wanted it to look like the girl heart was saying all the above things to her sweetheart next to her.   



Next card I used a few of the die cuts and paired it with a tag, and chipboard sticker to create the embellishment cluster and sentiment.  


I used more foam adhesive under the chipboard sticker and topped it with a rubber heart.  
To note:  I had a bit of trouble adhering the rubber heart.  It finally stayed after I took a bit of sandpaper to the back and lightly sanded off some of the smooth finish.  I then used red line tape and it has now stayed put.   


And lastly a card that I made using the Simple Stories stickers.  I placed the phrase stickers on a heart die cut and then cut the overhang.  The rest is layers of die cuts and pattern papers with more foam adhesive.  




And that is all from me today.  Thanks so much for stopping by the blog.  
Stayed tuned the rest of the week for more Valentine's themed cards and layouts.  

Happy Scrapping!




No comments: