Thursday, July 27, 2017

High Five Times Three

Hello again!

It's almost unbelievable to me that we are almost at the end of another month.

Summer has flown by so quickly.

I've had fun scrapping with our colorful and summery kit, High Five, this month.

I got both kits and have loved being able to mix things up on my projects.

Since our designer challenge this week is to create a layout that does NOT feature summer, I have this page to share:


Background for this photo: One of my girls had a gymnastics meet in Oklahoma City last winter and while we were there I took my two oldest to the NCAA gymnastics meet to see OU compete since we'd had such a great time doing so the year before. My husband stayed at the hotel with the little girls. After the meet was over we decided to just walk back to the hotel and in our journey came across this really cool colorful mural and had to stop and take a picture. Of course!


Because of the colorful nature of the photo I wanted to do something fun on my layout. I had both High Five kits so I decided to use the ribbon from both kits in a fun way. I love the layered look of fringe and ribbon so I went about creating this ribbon background by cutting 8 1/2" strips of ribbon and stapled them to 1" strips of white cardstock. I then layered them on a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock alternating the pink and orange. I really like how it turned out!

I thought the little Bingo cards in the kit were so cute. I layered a couple of those and packaging from one of the embellishments to create a mat behind my photo. 


I added strip of washi tape to the top of the page and some cute cardstock butterflies to bring more color to my layout. I bent the butterfly wings to the center and stapled each to my page to give them more dimension. I added a few sequins here and there to the layout.  


I really liked the aqua sentiment stickers and that beautiful blue bling tape so I added those to my page as well. I LOVE this kit so much! It was so fun to create with. 

Because I've made some extra projects this month I would also like to quickly share those with you. These pages, however, have a very summery feel as the pics were taken on our trip to the beach earlier this month.



Thanks so much for stopping by the Noel Mignon blog today!

Come visit us on our Noel Mignon Members page on Facebook. We'd love to hear what you are up to in your scrapbooking and otherwise.

No comments: