Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Summer Band Camp with the High Five Classic Kit

Hey all!  I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful holiday with friends and family.  My little clan went for a hike this morning and we are now exhausted, but happy and gearing up to watch fireworks tonight. 



I'm not going to lie I totally forgot today was my day to post.  The holiday weekend has totally got me all confused and I'm just so glad I remembered and had my project finished early.

The start of summer for the last three years for my oldest has been band camp.  He heads to the mountains for the week and they learn music and give a concert to all the family when we pick them up at the end.  I snapped these from last years concert.

I pulled the light blue cardstock from the kit and decided to place large triangles of pattern paper on the diagonal.  I love the large journaling block and decided to use it to house my title.  Aren't those thickers in this kit amazing?!!  The little chipboard "summer" sticker was perfect to perch on top.

Right before I added the title to my layout I decided to add texture with some machine stitching and ran each line of text through a couple of times.  It ended up being a little on the messy side, but I went with it.  After all a week at band camp doesn't always end neat and tidy (Those teenager boys like to skip their showers).   I finished the title off with the sunglasses chipboard sticker - it is self adhesive, but I added a little glue dot for reinforcement.  

I finished off this rather simple layout with a few of the yellow sequins, another sticker I stamped the date on, and one of the Simple Stories brads.  



Again, huge apologies and I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday.  Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Scrapping!



No comments: