Monday, October 23, 2017

{Happy Thanksgiving} Layout with the "Apple Crisp" Classic Kit

Hello Friends!  It's Meridy here and fall is in full swing, we had a Fall Festival and a visit to the Pumpkin Patch this weekend.  I got lots of pictures, and I can't wait to get them printed.  In the meantime, I worked on a layout with a photo of Thanksgiving 2016 for today's layout using the "Apple Crisp" Classic Kit.  This week the design team is heading over to Pinterest for inspiration.  I found this fall mood board, and decided to take cues from it when creating my layout this week.  I mainly went with a similar color scheme, the wood grain, and falling leaves, for inspiration. 

pinterest link
 Here is what I came up with...


I used the wood grain patterned papers for the background of my layout, they just seemed to fit the style I was leaning towards from my inspiration board.  Next, I layered a few strips of paper that I had left over from previous layouts I created this month.  The photograph is the star of this layout for sure!!!


I did add a couple of doilies from my stash to bulk up the layers here, but I think they worked really well with the style and look I was going for.  

I used the acrylic word "happy" from the kit as a starting point for my "Happy Thanksgiving" title, and finished it off with the gold Thickers from the kit. 


Finally, I layered up some of the chipboard stickers from the kit, a little twine, some die cuts, crystal dots, and a few sequins (from my stash).  I even used some of the Prima packaging from the puffy stickers to create a subtle layer peeking out from beneath the chipboard stickers.  

That wraps up my layout for today!  I can't wait to see what you create with your "Apple Crisp" Kits!!!




2 comments: