Saturday, December 10, 2016

Christmas PJ's | Oh What Fun Classic Kit

Hey there!

It's Laura here today to share a layout, this is my first page using the 'Oh What Fun" December classic kit and it is seriously fun!   This week the DT members were given the theme of "Plaid Tidings" to inspire their creations!  This month's kit came with a few great plaid papers and even ribbon, I chose to use the Fancy Pants Designs plaid from the Merry and Bright collection for my page.


As I was scrolling through our Christmas and December photos from last year, I came across this photo of our youngest in these fun Christmas pj's.  My husband and I picked them up for him while we were out doing a little holiday shopping.  They are super cute and even have a trap door ;)  When we gave them to him, he loved them and decided they would be worn for pj day at school!  Along with the elf hat, of course!  Fun, right?  And funny too, the poor kid is so skinny, he looks like a stick in pajamas!

Anyway, on to my page!


I created a cut file for this page, with simple rows of trees, which I wanted to back with plaid paper and an alternate pattern too.

I also wanted to frame my layout in plaid.  I had a bit of a challenge since I wanted to stick to one manufacturer and there were only two patterns from this collection in the kit.  I love to challenge myself like this, it is like a puzzle, but I made it work!  I ran into a few snags - mostly my own fault - you can find out a bit more about that in my process video, if you care to watch.


As you know I love multi font titles and titles that include super awesome fun words like these acrylic ones from Pretty Little Studios are even better!


I am so in love with the puffy stickers by Elle's Studio that were in the kit! I created a few stitched circles to anchor my embellishments on this bold red paper.


Pretty Little Studio flair and Elle's Studio cut aparts work so well together, especially with some Heidi Swapp sequins thrown in for good measure.


I wrapped things up with some journaling and stitching!

As mentioned, I have a new process video today, you can watch the video for this layout below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List:  Fancy Pants "Merry and Bright" patterned papers; American Crafts Cardstock; Pretty Little Studios vellum, flag stickers, acrylic shapes, flair; and alphas; Pebbles die cuts; Elle's Studio "T'is the Season" washi stickers, cut apart tags, and alphas; Heidi Swapp sequins; Echo Park "I love Christmas" chipboard; May Arts burlap ribbon. (From my stash: Simple Stories Classic Christmas roller stamp; CTMH back ink; Staedtler pen; fine tip Sharpie.)

Thanks for visiting and don't forget to check in daily for more Design Team inspiration!

No comments: