Friday, December 30, 2016

Christmas recipe book updated

Hey all, Michelle here! I can't believe this is my last post for 2016!! But I'm ready for 2017. And in getting ready for what next year holds I thought I would update my Christmas recipe book (you can check it out here). 
I created this book 2 yrs ago with, of course, a Noel Mignon kit! Each year I add to it - new recipes I've found, old favorites, etc. This year is no exception, so I used what I had left of the Oh What Fun Daily Diary kit to make a few recipe cards.
So this year I set to creating some new recipe cards. A couple recipes were a bit longer so I printed them out on 6x8 cardstock, others I used one of the 4x6 cards I had left from the kit. I also write out recipes when they're not as detailed. I think it's nice to include handwriting in the book instead of just typing everything out. I embellished just a bit and that's it! Easy peasy!!
Now, just so you don't think "there's no way I have time to do that with all of my recipes", not every card in my book looks like this. Some cards are simply printed recipes that I slip into the pockets. And some that are my favorites get a bit more attention :) 
I also changed the front 4x6 card because I just loved those Christmas trees on the pink background! I also add a photo or 2 here and there like this one from Christmas Eve this year. I think it adds a nice touch to my recipe book along with that 3x4 card from the kit. I also embellished a recipe card from last year with some of the stars from this year's kit.
I love this book and how it has evolved over the last 2 yrs. Every year I look forward to adding to my album!

No comments: