Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Few Tips with Very Virginia


Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I wanted to share a couple of tips with you. First up, a cool use for your stamps. I have had this chipboard banner for awhile now and never used them. When I saw the stamps in the Very Virginia kit, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them! I used my black Staz-On ink and stamped on the chipboard banner. Afterwards I covered the chipboard with crackle paint to give it a distressed look. A quick and simple technique to spruce up your naked chipboard pieces.


I wanted to include a lot of journaling with my layout but I ran out of room after adding all my pictures and memorabilia. No worries. I decided to hide my journaling instead. I used the three journaling cards in the Very Virginia kit and stapled them together. I didn't glue all the sections of my paper down so that I had some room to slide my journaling behind it.


Here is what the completed layout looks like. I hope these little tips will help spark an idea for your next layout.



Happy creating!
Diana

No comments: