Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Love My Nephew!


Good morning, friends! I created a new layout for the "She Gets Misty" challenge over on the challenge blog and am excited to share some details with you today. I'm very excited to be a new aunt so my layout features a photo of me with my new nephew, Tatum. I used the gorgeous "Very Virginia" kit on my layout and quickly fell in LOVE with the Pink Paislee resist patterned paper. It looks like I spent a long time creating but this layout actually came together fairly quickly. I sprayed the Pink Paislee paper with the antique silver mist in the kit and then wiped it off with a paper towel. The patterned paper soaks up some of the mist and the embossed design resists the rest of the mist to leave the damask design. I also sprayed the paper with a little turquoise mist. 


Here's a look at my title. I outlined all the letters with a black journaling pen to help them pop off the page. The heart was punched with a Fiskars punch. 


I selected several patterned papers from the kit and used a Fiskars label punch on them: Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Fancy Pants and Sassafras Lass. I topped the labels with a Cosmo Cricket sticker and then added a Pink Paislee ticket and "T" for Tatum as embellishments. 


This little cluster of embellishments is a punched scalloped circle from the Basic Grey patterned paper, a Cosmo Cricket sticker and Maya Road flower. LOVE that My Mind's Eye crepe paper trim that adds so much texture.


See you next week!
Jill




1 comment:

Britt said...

This page is gorgeous! Seriously, I saw it and was floored! Way to go!