Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Here

Hi everyone!! Did you all have a wonderful Happy New Year?! Things were pretty relaxing here, as I am pretty much stuck on the couch anymore and Creedence was fast asleep when the new year struck. :P One of these year's we will actually do some celebrating in this household! :D

Have you all checked out the new challenge yet?!! This was probably my absolute favorite! Misting can be a little bit of a challenge for me (isn't that the whole idea of the thing? :P), but I still had a blast doing this LO! I chose to do mine about my One Little Word for 2011. (If you haven't checked out OLW yet then definitely follow the link, as it is super inspiring!) My word is Here. I focused more on the journaling for my LO than a photo, so it is actually photoless, which can sometimes be quite liberating to do! :D

Anyway, I used the new Very Virginia kit (only 2 left!!) to do my LO, along with a few tiny things from my stash and some more mist colors. The Antique Silver that the kit comes with is DIVINE, but I was going for a particular look so I decided to add some Cream Metallic and Lemon Metallic Maya mists as well.


There isn't too much on this LO that I didn't completely mist! :P I misted the background kraft paper (with all three mists listed above), and I lightly misted a few of the elements on the LO (Pink Paislee tag, Jenni Bowlin tag, and all Pink Paislee papers used). I used the Pink Paislee Lovely Lace paper to not only cut a gorgeous doily out of, but for the strips of paper that make my border on my LO. These two things got misted to inhance the wonderful pattern and texture of the paper! This was actually super easy to do, I just made sure that I blotted all excess off the paper so the pattern really showed through.

I gotta admit that I was a little intimidated by the Pink Paislee papers until I just went for it. They are stunning and so gorgeous, I am just now afraid that I won't be able to do them justice! I am anxious to work with the Beautiful Butterfly paper, so expect that I will be using that on my next project for this blog!!! :D I am super excited about these papers, I just wish I had more of them!!

Can't wait to see what you all do for the misting challenge!!

Take care!

~Amy

1 comment:

Britt said...

Love what you did with the flower and leaves. Such a great layout! And yes, photoless layouts are so liberating - I have to confess that I prefer doing them that way!