Tuesday, August 1, 2017

10 mile hike with the Weekend in Paris Daily Diary Kit

Hello everyone!  Can you believe it is August?!  My husband and I have been helping our oldest son get some of his merit badges done over the summer.  The merit badge we have been pushing to get finished up before school starts is hiking.  We planned one of the 10 mile hikes for this past Saturday and when we arrived home I found my kit on the doorstep.  I sacked out on the couch and as I was going through the kit I knew that many of the elements would work great to tell the story of the day.  This might be a record of taking pictures and almost immediately documenting the story.


All the papers and embellishments are from the kit except the pattern paper circled below.  I picked up the paper pack for this month and cut a few of the patterned strips from the Maggie Holmes paper.  


I cut the polaroid type frames from the Maggie Holmes Carnival paper and placed my smaller pictures behind them.  
I love the mix of embellishments in this months kit.  I used on top of my smaller photos:  cork flower, button, tickets, washi tape, and the resin butterfly.

I added color to the resin butterfly with gelatos.  I rubbed placed a bit of color on and then rubbed it into the resin.  I finished by adding journaling to one of the Project Life cards and stapled the "Love This" to the bottom corner.

I'm excited to work more with this kit this month.  It really has such versatility.
Till next week, Happy Scrapping!




No comments: