Thursday, August 17, 2017

Love You Always- keeping it simple

Hello!

Today I have another project for you created with the Weekend in Paris Daily Diary kit and the paper pack from the classic kit.

For this page I did something that I rarely do- I kept the design fairly simple. I did not even add a lot of spray mist like I typically do. I liked the design nice and simple and decided to keep it that way.


My page started out with an   8 1/2x11" sheet of white cardstock mounted on this cute polka dot paper background. I decided to cut some 1/4" strips of black cardstock to make a border around the white cardstock as kind of a frame. I really like that it makes the page stand out more. I cut the black and white striped piece from one of the pocket page cards. 


The things that really catch my eyes most on the page are the gold heart and the handcut roses (Meridy shared her beautiful watercolor technique with these last week- I opted to keep the ones on this page black and white to go with the color scheme of my page). The floral paper may seem a bit overwhelming in one piece but if you cut out individual flowers they are a beautiful addition to any project. The gold heart that I used was cut from one of the journaling cards in the kit. 


I added the black and white puffy sticker bow and doodled strip (these stickers are in the Classic Kit) along with some gold foam Thickers to finish off my title. The gold alphas are perfect! I love their smaller size. The "love you" is also from the Maggie Holmes puffy sticker pack found in the Classic kit. 

Do you challenge yourself to try a different style- used mixed media (mists, paint, etc.) when you usually stay simple or go with a simpler design when you typically like to add a lot of embellishments? 

I am glad that I kept with a simpler design on this page and think it takes on an elegant look with the black/white/gold color scheme. 

Keep checking back each day- we'd love to hear what you think about the kits and our projects. 

Have a fanstastic day!

No comments: