Thursday, August 31, 2017

Two layouts to share

Hello again!

It's great to be back with y'all today.

For my post today I have two layouts to share, one using the Weekend in Paris kit and papers from the Classic Kit and a layout using the brand new Study Guide Classic Kit.


It's been quite a week or so of crazy weather in Texas. This picture of my girls was taken when a beautiful rainstorm appeared after a bad thunderstorm. This storm was different than the hurricane that is affecting Texas and Louisiana, but I will get to that in a little bit.

I used a paper from the Classic kit for my base and then layered strips of paper and pocket cards for the main design of my page. 


The word stickers from the Weekend in Paris classic kit were perfect for my title. I love the script font as well as the size of these stickers. I used a few little star stickers that also came in the same sticker pack as the title words. 


This cute heart pocket card came in the Daily Diary kit. I'd cut out the gold glitter heart to use on a different project and decided to use the rest of it, backed with that cute black and white striped paper, on this page. I added bits of gold glitter tape from my scrap supply and added a tiny piece of pompom trim to the "on top of the world" card. 



I stayed up late last night to finish up a second project, this time using the brand new Study Guide Classic Kit. 

I live in Texas, and while I am not in the area impacted by Hurricane Harvey, we have family and friends in the area and much of our emotions and time have been focused on this horrible storm and its effects. While on vacation this past summer we visited or drove through many of the areas that have been hard hit by the storm. We vacationed in Corpus Christi (near Port Aransas) and drove through Rockport before heading to Houston to visit family there. 


I wanted to somehow document this week's event and the colors in the Study Guide kit worked well with this picture of my daughter doing a handstand pose in front of a Texas map on the side of a building we passed while on our vacation in east Texas this summer. 


I used the chipboard alphas from the kit but used a black Sharpie marker over the design to make them stand out over the top of my photo. I used the American Crafts Slick Writer pen for my journaling and it was bold and smooth- my favorite kind of pen for journaling. 


I cut these fun stars from patterned paper and added some gold stars from the Weekend in Paris kit. 


Also used on my page is this cute navy and gray tag, a tag from Jillibean Soup and a strip of washi from the kit. 

Thanks for stopping by today. 

No comments: