Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tis the Spooky Season!



G'Morning fellow scrappy friends!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week and is getting all excited for Halloween in just a lil under two weeks!

Halloween is my absolute FAVORITE holiday.  Ever since I was a kid.  I've always been fascinated by the spooky stuff, movies, books, history, and let's not forget all the candy :)

I was so excited to get my hands on Noel's Something Wicked Kit and knew that I would use it, not only for Halloween minis and layouts, but for some spooky projects as well.

If you are on pinterest, you've seen the yarn wreath on more than one occasion and I'll confess, since I first saw them a couple of years ago, I've been hooked on making them.  I think I have one for almost every month of the year to hang over my mantel and I've made them as gifts and have a ton of mini ones to put on the inside of our doors in our house.

I just love em!

So I know that I would def. be making one with the kit.



First, I purchased these perfect sized wreaths at the Dollar Spot at Target.  What is so great about these wreaths is that the back is flat.  I thought this was genius because I knew that even with the bulk of the yarn, it would lie flat against the wall, door, whatever.

Then I got my handy hot glue gun out and got to wrapping it with a chunky yarn that I picked up from Michaels.

After it was completely covered, I used some of the fabulous twine in the kit and wrapped it around as well to give it a pop of color.

Now initially my wreath was going to be hung but the more I played with it, the more I decided that the cloud patterned paper was going to be hot glued to the back to kinda create a "diorama" so to speak.  I then used my trusty cameo to cut out the owl in the tree, adhered that to the wreath and then had a blast embellishing with bits and buttons from the kit.




I really am pleased with the way it turned out and I love that I created something that I can display every Halloween!

That's what I love about Noel's kits.  They are so jammed packed that they can be used for soooo many projects!

Happy Halloween :)





1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh I love this Elizabeth!!! And something I can definitely make :) Maybe even as gifts! Thanks for the inspiration!!