Thursday, December 5, 2013

Goodbye to Fall and Hello to Christmas

Hi everyone!  Today I've got TWO projects to share with you :D  I have one last fall layout using the Gather Together kit and a mini album I used for a tutorial on Shimelle's blog that uses Noel Mignon December kits from Christmas past :)  I'll start with the layout, it uses lots of the embellishments as well as the gorgeous navy mist from Heidi Swapp included in the kit.  While I was making this layout I realized that I was out of 3D foam dots, and that the leftover empty foam circles would make a pretty cool mask for misting, so of course I had to test it out.  I just trimmed the leftover packaging into strips, laid them on my patterned paper, and got to spraying!


This is the result:






Pretty neat huh? I didn't want it to be perfect but I still wanted a border, so using these pieces of "garbage" as a template gave me the exact look I was going for :)  Gotta love recycling, am I right?

The second project is an Elf of the Shelf mini album.  I like the Elf of the Shelf album idea instead of a December Daily type project for me because quite honestly, we don't get out to do all that much in December! But these themed photos look great kept together in an album so it was a perfect was to make a Christmas album without it having to be big and complicated.







No comments: