Friday, September 27, 2013

Pick of the Patch & Project Life

I can't lie - when I opened my Union Square kit this month I was SUPER excited at all the goodies in this one. The perfect mix of muted tones of autumn with a few pops of color to spice it up :)  I couldn't wait to dive in & start creating!!  We recently went to our first pumpkin patch of the season & Nicholas bypassed all the usual pumpkins & went straight for the bumpy, lumpy, odd-shaped gourd :)

 photo pick_zps1dc792e0.jpg

I loved the block font of the large brown alphas & decided to break it up a bit with some words cut from patterned paper & my Silhouette.

 photo pick1_zps6350eb0a.jpg

Up to this point I hadn't jumped on the feather trend, but the paper ones in this month's kit were perfect to tuck behind this tag :)

 photo pick2_zps77b99c29.jpg

The included stamp set was awesome.  I stamped the "good stuff" sentiment on some vellum & punched it out with a circle punch.  Then I tucked it under some embellishments & stapled it to the page.  I also used the arrow border to create a fun accent above the photo.

 photo pick3_zpsf85dd1ab.jpg

In addition to my Union Square layout, I have a Project Life spread using the Miss Nelson PL kit from last month to share :)  I did not have a lot of pics for this particular week so I used an 10" x 12" page protector for the left (Design G)and a 4" x 12" for the right (Design H).

 photo nmpl_zps1b58a73a.jpg

Here a close-up on the left side . . .

 photo pl_zpse3c9b8a0.jpg

And one on the right . . .

 photo pla_zps273bdd15.jpg

There are still some extras of both kits so head on over to the store & shop it up!!  I'm having a blast creating with them :)


No comments: