Friday, August 15, 2014

{Adventure} with the South Shore kit

Hi there friends! I'm still playing with the South Shore kit as it's been a PERFECT kit for me to scrap our summer. One of my favorite papers in the kit was the canoe paper by Studio Calico. It could NOT have been more perfect for the picture of my Caroline suited up to go canoeing while she was at camp. So to capture that memory I created this layout.





To create this one, I layered papers and clustered embellishments using the canoe paper as my color scheme and inspiration. I usually don't scrap with a lot of green, so even though this looks like a normal layout it was a bit of a stretch for me. But stretching is good. (wink, wink)  I chose my embellishments according to the color scheme too, not really worrying if they matched perfectly or not. I thought I'd let Caroline journal in her own words in the space where the Elle's Studio tag says "Snapshot notes". In all, I'm glad I was able to get this one created. Thanks for letting me share!

No comments: