Monday, August 11, 2014

checkup


My 3yr old loves Disney Junior and one of her favorite shows is Doc McStuffins. Many days you can find her giving her dolls or stuffed animals checkups with her doctor kit and singing along with the song from the show.

I managed to catch a few pictures of her during one of her checkups along with big brother helping her write in her "big book of boo boos". So I had to take a moment and document one of these precious moments in her childhood since before I know it she'll be all grown up!


I used elements from the Sweet & Simple Classic kit along with thickers from my stash (because a certain toddler in this layout ran off with my thickers from the kit...or at lease I'm assuming that's why they've gone missing!). I also added the Elle's Studio "remember" wood veneer & a bit of stitching. I also thought it'd be fun to put a line from the song at the bottom :)

Here's a couple tips: I've found adding stitching on the thickers helps keep them in place. And one of my favorite embellishments is wood veneers but be careful, they can break pretty easily (if you look closely you can see that I accidentally broke mine...nothing a bit of adhesive couldn't fix!)


No comments: