Monday, December 18, 2017

{Snowflakes} Layout with the "Gingerbread & Peppermint" Kits

Hello friends!  It's Meridy here, I have another layout to share with you using the "Gingerbread & Peppermint" Daily Diary and paper add on kits.  I really love the Crate Paper chipboard and papers that were in the kits this month.  The colors are such a fresh change from the typical reds and greens of holiday lines.


I started with 3 3"x4" photos and this great background patterned paper.  I trimmed a few inches off of the top of the paper, and added a little subtle pink patterned paper on the top portion of this layout, to tone it down just a little and allow the photos to stand out.

Next, I pulled out the chipboard from the kit and started picking out my favorite pieces and placing them around the photos.  I overlapped them so they would look a little more coherent and well thought out.  


I created a journaling block with one of the chipboard frames and a scrap of white paper.


After I placed all of the chipboard embellishments, I still felt like the layout needed a little more texture.  So I pulled out some gold thread from my stash, and went to work hand stitching a few details on the layout.  I started with this "zig zag" stitch where the 2 patterned papers meet.


I used the patterned paper as a guide for the stitching on the bottom of the page.  I picked 2 areas to highlight, punched holes with a pushpin to mark where I wanted to stitch, and then sewed the gold thread on by hand.


And that wraps up my layout today!!!  Thank you for stopping by today!