Monday, December 11, 2017

{BRR, it's Cold} Layout with the "Gingerbread & Peppermint" Kits

Hello friends, it's Meridy here with you, sharing a layout I made this weekend with the "Gingerbread & Peppermint" Daily Diary and Paper Add-On kits.  There are still a couple of these beautiful kits in the store, they are great for documenting winter and Christmas.  Today, I used some of the supplies from the kit that are not typically "classic" Christmas colors.  The colors worked great with my photos though.  


I started with the black and white background paper, and knew I wanted to add a little water color to the design to brighten it up a bit.  First, I laid out the photos and a few of the paper embellishments to get my approximate placement.  Then I removed those items and started painting the background.  The faster I painted, the better it turned out.  So I tried not to overthink my brushstrokes or color blending. 

Next, I decided that I wanted to paint the "BRR" and "Cold" wood veneers white, so they would pop against the background of the layout.  I used white acrylic paint.


Then I adhered all of the photos and paper layers that I had so far.  It looked a little bare in places, so I dressed everything up with some of the adhesive chipboard from the kit.  


Last, I sketched a double line around each piece of paper and added my journaling.  I left a small bit of white cardstock empty, just to journal in.  I try to plan my journaling as I am creating the layout, so it fits in and looks like it belongs on the layout.


And that wraps up my layout for today!  Thank you so much for stopping by.



No comments: