Tuesday, December 5, 2017

December Daily Album with the Gingerbread and Peppermint Daily Diary kit

Hello everyone!  Nicole here on the blog today.  It has turned bitter cold here in UT (as I put together this post I am wearing about three layers of clothes) and it's starting to look a lot like Christmas.  This month Noel knocked it out of the park with the beautiful holiday kits.  I was so excited when mine arrived and knew that I would be using it to put together my December Daily.

This is my sixth year (?) putting together a December Daily album.  I would have had more but one year I found out I was pregnant and fatigue kicked my butt and last year I was sick for most of December.  Anyway . . . it's become one of my favorite holiday traditions and something that makes me reflect everyday on my surroundings and my favorite time of year.

I decided this year to try and make my own album and I'm totally winging this as I go.  I will share everything here in my blog posts for the week and you can see my progress as I go along.  Along with the daily diary kit this month I also picked up the extra papers/cardstock.  I used  a couple of pieces of cardstock from the paper pack and mat board to make my back and front covers.  The inside cardstock is #110 weight white cardstock that I cut to size.


My album size is about 7.5 x 9.5 with the inside cardstock pages cut to 6.75 x 8.75


I used an enlarged photo of my tree this year for the cover and then pulled items from the kit to embellish.  The tag die cut I covered with washi tape and then placed down a music die-cut, the s wood pieces, and chipboard numbers (from my stash).  Once those items in were in place it seemed a little plain so I pulled out the ribbon and tied a double bow.  I like the texture this adds to the top. 

The rest of the album will most days be pretty simple with one or two photos (maybe no photos), a few embellishments, and some journaling.

Day 1 and 2:


Day 1 was all about the return of Steve our Elf and Sprinkles his trusty reindeer sidekick.

I used a 4x6 photo that I added journaling onto and paired it with a 4x6 card from the kit.  I die-cut a few photo corners from one of the 6x6 pattern paper sheets and used a foam sticker alongside my number stickers (from my stash). 

Day 2 was a busy day for us.  I decided to print three photos and then had a lot of journaling to include so I printed that to lay over the top of my photos.  I attached the top with washi tape from the kit which allows it to hinge up to see the photos and reveals an invitation for the dinner we went to that night. 


Day 3.  A perfect example how photos don't have to be taken each day for this project.  I simple wrote down a few of my thoughts and it started snowing Sunday night so I included a few snowflake embellishments and strips of pattern paper.  



Day 4.  We had our first snowstorm overnight and had quite the accumulation of snow.  Of course we weren't exactly prepared and I made a 6 AM trip to the store to buy a snow shovel, ice melt, and new snow boots for my youngest. 

The journaling I typed up on my photo using Photoshop before printing.  I then used the chipboard in the kit and stickers to embellish. 


So that's it for my entries so far.  I will be back next week to share more and you can see how it comes together with each passing week until the big day.   If you have any questions let me know. 

Do you participate in December Daily?  If so I would love to have you share with all of us over on the Noel Mignon Facebook group. 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!