Tuesday, December 12, 2017

December Daily part 2 with the Gingerbread and Peppermint Daily Diary Kit

Hi everyone!  I hope you are having a wonderful week.  It's Nicole back on the blog today sharing more of my December Daily album.  One big thing I have learned in doing this album the last few years is that some days are busy and entries can be super simple and other days if I have more time I can really spend more time embellishing.  Both have a place in my album and help me get the project as a whole finished. 



Day 5:  A very simple day.  I used a Tim Holtz plastic number (from my stash) and paired it with one of the small puffy stickers, a strip of cardstock, and a strip of the 6x6 pattern paper. 



Day 6:  Two 4x6 pictures from my sons honor band concert.  I typed the journaling on the photo before printing.  I used the red glitter washi tape along the top and bottom and the music die-cut and letters from the kit.  The chipboard number is from my stash.  



Decorative page:  I tend to include a few of these in my album to break up the pages of photos and journaling.  I used a sheet of pattern paper from the paper pack and cut it to fit my background cardstock.  I then used the chipboard stickers on top.  



Day 7 & 8:  I ended up getting sick the end of last week.  Steve our elf didn't move one of the days and so I decided to tell that story for the two days.  The story for both Day 7/8 and 9 were all small so I cut the page in half.  

I took the 3x4 tag and folded it in half.  I then cut pattern paper strips for the top and bottom.  
Chipboard numbers are from my stash.  



Day 9:  I was home sick again and ended up binge watching Netflix.  
I placed my journaling/picture over the top of the tag and then added the acrylic letters to spell out the word nine.  I finished it off with pattern paper strips and a puffy sticker.  

Day 10:  Family movie night.  I pulled the wood grain pattern paper from the paper pack and cut a strip to go between the photo and jouranling.  I then layered the die cuts and washi tape.  I finished off with chipboard from my stash.  




Day 11:  Last night we did gingerbread houses.  It ended up being a little competition between brothers.  I layered a PNG file by Kerri Bradford (town buildings) with a few fonts for my title.  



I used one of the little word flashcards to make a tab to lift the photo and placed a couple of gingerbread men on the bottom.  


I had three photos I wanted to include plus the other 4x6 photo with my title and journaling.  I used the washi tape to let the top two pictures hinge up to show the bottom two photos.  I then chose a couple of pattern papers to back the top two photos.  



I used a date stamp and StazOn ink to stamp the date on the top photos.  And with that entry done this afternoon I am all caught up with my album.  It feels nice to being able to stay somewhat on top of the project.  

How are you using this months kit?  There are some great pages being shared on the Noel Mignon Facebook Members group.  We would love to see what you are creating.  Oh, and if you haven't picked up your kits yet there are a few still available in the store.  



No comments: