Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Birthday Tree



Good morning! When my girls turned one, their grandparents bought them a maple tree that we had planted in our front yard. The plan is to take a special photo every year on the girls' birthday with grandpa and grandma in front of that tree (and you can bet I'm going to document every one!). For this layout I used the gorgeous "Very Virginia" kit for the color inspiration board we had for the next challenge. 






I layered a Hambly transparency, Pink Paislee tickets (with a BasicGrey rub-on on top), a Basic Grey button and brad and some Pink Paislee trim (from my stash). 


Have a great day! I'll see you next week with a project using the September kit! :)
Jill

1 comment:

justem said...

Oh I LOVE this Jill! :) I had a similar tree (crab apple) growing up. My parents moved away from the house, but I still like to drive by it when I'm in town to see how huge it is now (meaning, I'm really old!!). I'd love to do this with my kids, but I know we won't be living here forever.