Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My cutie pie!


Hello everyone! Yesterday I sent the kids off for their first day of school. After taking a photo and sending them on their way I realized I only have one more year to send them off together and then my son will be going to college. sniff. sniff.

One of the reason I love scrapbooking so much is that I can pull out old photos and reminisce about days gone by and things that were significant at that time, like this photo of my daughter when she was in 5th grade sporting her braces and the ever popular lip gloss. She started 10th grade yesterday, but I had fun putting this layout together!

All supplies for this layout are from the August West Coast kit. For the background, I cut apart the Studio Calico journaling paper, layered them and then stitched them down with my sewing machine.
The pink doily was the perfect backdrop for the MME die cut title, accented with the layered butterfly.
Using my Silhouette Cameo I cut a small butterfly in the center of one of the journaling cards and layered the pink washi tape behind it.
To complete the layout I added my journaling to one of the journal cards and embellished it with a couple butterflies and flower for the finishing touch.

The colors and mix of products in the West Coast kit are amazing. If you missed out on the kit you can get a West Coast Limited kit in the shop!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

It is amazing how just few supplies can create such an amazing lo. Absolutely love it!