Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day Plaque


Hello friends!! Mother's Day is coming up this weekend, and I like to try and always make a personalized gift for the wonderful mamaw's and grandma's that my kiddos have. I made sure and got some updated group photos of them together over Easter weekend, and knew that I was going to make a photo plaque that  can be  display either at home or at work.

I started out with two chipboard mini album pages, I adhere them together using some strong liquid adhesive, and I taped the seam along the back. Using the Heidi Swapp heart stencil and blush ColorShine that we received in our "Book of Love" kits back in February, and some modeling paste. I made a a soft, dimensional background, and base for my layers.



I chose to work mainly with the Chickaniddy Crafts papers that were included in the kit. I loved the colors that were in these papers, and thought that they worked perfect for the look I was hoping to achieve.

I wanted to keep this fairly simple, I cut my papers into pennants and layered them through the middle of my "plaque", then by cutting one of the kraft tags included in the kit, I was able to make another pennant shape that I layered under my photo layers, to make it have more presence on the  piece. 

I loved this paper clip, and knew I wanted to put it in this spot, but when I tried to actually "clip" it, I was losing more of the design that I wanted, so by using a strong adhesive, I layered right on top of my photo. I added one of those cute clear butterflies underneath to help it stand out even more, and add in more layers.


I wanted to have the embellishing a little heavier on the opposite side. Layering in stickers and labels, made for a great base. I removed the bow for one of the clothespins, and adhered it using foam adhesive.

Hoping that my mom loves this as much as I think she will. I know she will at least get a kick out of the photo. It was our best out of about 10...trying to get all those kiddos to cooperate wasn't working so well for us! ;)



No comments: