Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My oldest girl and another take on the color challenge

Good afternoon!

We swapped posting times today so I am here this afternoon to share a new layout with you that I made with the beautiful Shine Bright Classic Kit.

Here, once again, is the color scheme inspired by this month's kit:


Isn't that a beautiful color scheme? 

Here is the page that I created for this challenge: 


I started out as I often do with a white cardstock base mounted on one of the patterned papers in the kit. I added mist in gold and mint tones and once that was dry I added the glitter and more mist. The scalloped border was cut from one of the patterned paper tear strips. To do the glitter I used my Tombow liquid adhesive, added the glitter on top in generous amounts and then shook off the extra. It's a quick and easy way to add some sparkle to a project. For the hearts I used the same liquid adhesive and drew a heart shape on my page and added glitter. Quick and easy! This would be a fun thing to do with a title, too. 


I wanted to make the gold shine with the colors in this palette so I used some of the chunky gold glitter in a couple of different spots (the heart and the line under my photo). I added gold stickers and chipboard hearts, too.


I added lots of chipboard accents and cut a journaling spot from patterned paper. Below my journaling block I used the backing from the pretty aqua scalloped trim in the kit. 


I hope that this has helped to inspire you to create something today. 

As always, we appreciate you so much at Noel Mignon. 


Have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a sweet page and darling picture! Love all the shimmer and shine! I'm not on facebook, but I wanted to share my take on the March color board... for what it's worth... http://jinnynewlin.blogspot.com/2015/04/stuck-april-15th-sketch.html. Thanks!